AS if I could not get enough poking and proding yesterday, I mean, who really can? Today I had an eye doctor appointment. To see if me peepers were still a-peeping as well as last year. And I am pleased to say, yes, they are doing just fine! I am getting a pair of computer glasses which will help when I am doing my marathon blogging session, oh I meant to say working at the computer. I have a slight astigmatism… which all I can say is that the glasses I have now make things look sharper. But for all practical purposes I have good vision. YAY!
The week is starting RAMP up for me. Tomorrow, Jen will be leaving for Kentucky again and I will have the kids all by myself. I have babysitting lined up and ready to go because on Thursday is Sundown in the City here in Knoxville and the head liner for the show is none other than [DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN] THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO! They are no Jammin' Bread, but They Might Be Giants is one of my favorite groups of all time, probably second only to XTC. I have seen TMBG 3 times, twice in Charlottesville, Va and once here in Knoxville. Each time… AWESOME!
If you are saying… “Who in the HELL are 'They Might Be Giants'” don't sweat it, not everyone has heard of them, then again… maybe so:
- They perform the theme song to Malcolm in the Middle on Fox
- They perform the theme song to Higglytown Hereos on Playhouse Disney
- Their song 'Birdhouse in your Soul' received moderate playtime on MTV but, by far, wasn't the coolest song on the album Flood
- They have performed on Blues Clues ('Clap Your Hands')
- Performed a song for one of the Austin Powers movies
- Their song 'Particle Man' was featured in a Tiny Toons episode
- Their song 'Yeah, Yeah, Yeah' was the music to a Volkswagon commercial not too long ago
- If you listen to Mancow's Morning Madhouse, he likes TMBG and has had them on the show and used their song “Your Racist Friend”*** as a segway song yesterday (Monday)
***When I was interviewed by a pledge in the Fraternity, I would always sign my page with a quote from this song: “You can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding”
Anyway… I am excited and may even do a Voicepost from the concert…
Today's workout was a bike one. Since I had to get my eyes dilated, they were sensitive to light and so I opted to bike inside instead of working out outside. I biked for 30 minutes and ended up traveling 11.1 miles. I was most pleased with my effort. The last 3 minutes of the workout seemed to be the most grueling as my legs were about toast. I did keep my heartrate about 150 which is in the aerobic range and out of the fat burning range. I recorded my highest bpm at 163 which was in the “high-intensity”workout. I did forget to bring a human-sized towel, so I had to almost drip-dry.